Nei ka mihi ake mō tō whakaaro nui kia whakawhiwhia mai e koe i te pūtea whakahoki, me te wāhanga kohikohi pūtea, hei āwhina i tō pakihi.
Thank you for considering Māori Womens’ Development Incorporated (“MWDI”) to assist you to obtain a loan and provide you with access to mentoring and financial services.
MWDI business loans are for all Māori women and their whānau who wish to either start up a business or expand an existing business.
Māori men who wish to either start up a business or expand a business must have a Māori woman as part of their core business operations, this must show in the business plan provided.
- Minimum Loan Amount: $10,000
- Maximum Loan Amount: $50,000
- Interest Rate: Currently 3% (you can calculate your repayments on the MWDI website)
- Duration of the Loan: 5 years
- Loan administration fee of 1% of the amount borrowed is required to be paid to MWDI for the administration of the loan.
- Penalty interest rate: Currently 6% If you miss a repayment this will be calculated on the month that you miss payment.
The loan recipient will have no access to additional funding from MWDI until the existing loan is repaid.
Security on the loan must be up to the value of the loan. The following have been defined as acceptable security:
- Chattels of the business that are insured and paid up to the value of the loan (if less than 1 year old we will accept the invoice, if older than 1 year old we require an independent valuation) Household items, such as TVs or white ware can NOT be used.
- Motor vehicles (up to 5 years of age) that are registered, and insured.
- Antique items that have an independent valuation and are insured.
If there are co- owners or other owners of any of the security provided
- Co-owners or other owners identification will need to be provided.
- Co-owners or other owners will need to agree to be guarantors for the loan.
- Co-owners or other owners will need to sign a deed of guarantee and indemnity.
If you are using PROPERTY
- Provide documentation that has the Address of property and current owners. (Rates notice)
- Proof of value(either rates valuation that shows GV or an independent valuation).
- Proof of any mortgage on the property.
- Insurance cover on the property.
- If there are other owners then we will need their identification.
For MOTOR VEHICLES OR CHATTELS OF THE BUSINESS OR ANTIQUE ITEMS,
- Detailed description of the item/’s to be used as security.
- Details and proof of any monies owing against the items (e.g.,car finance on a car).
- Proof of valuation(if less than 1 year old an invoice can be used, otherwise an independent
valuation must be completed).
- Insurance cover on items.
A New Zealand Passport that is signed is sufficient identification.
- If you do not have a NZ passport:
A New Zealand Drivers License or 18+ Card will be sufficient.
- If using a NZ Drivers License or 18+ Card, please also provide your
- Birth Certificate; or
- Visa, Debit or Eftpos card clearly showing the name of the person.
Note:- The name on any of these cards must match the name on the NZ Drivers License or 18+ Card
You will be asked for consent for a credit check to be carried out.