Māori Women’s Development Inc Job Vacancy
Job position: Rangatahi Coordinator & Team Administrator
Years of Experience: 4-5+ years’ experience
Annual Salary band: $65-$75K
Contact: Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close: Friday, 4 July 2023
Māori Women’s Development Inc is a not-for-profit industry organisation dedicated to supporting wāhine and their whānau in business and we’re looking for someone to join our team!
This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a charitable organisation which is a unique, indigenous financial institution. It is governed, managed and operated by Wāhine Māori to encourage the economic development of wāhine Māori and their whānau to ensure that Māori share in and contribute equitably to our nation’s cultural, economic, social and political achievements.
“Hei Manaaki i Te Mana Wāhine Māori”
Encourages the economic development of wāhine Māori and their whānau to ensure that Māori contribute equitably to our nation’s cultural, spiritual, economic, social and political achievements.
Mana – Empower Wāhine Māori
Manaaki – Foster and support Wāhine Māori
Whanaketanga – Enhance and improve the economic position of wāhine Māori in order to contribute to the economic development of whānau and our nation
Wairuatanga – Embracing our spirit
The Rangatahi Coordinator & Team Administrator reports to the CEO. The role takes responsibility for coordinating the MWDI Rangatahi programs, understanding and engaging with rangatahi, their whānau, school personnel and other internal and external rangatahi stakeholders.
As the Team Administrator you will be assisting the CEO and the wider team with administration tasks. You will also be responsible to ensure the smooth running of the office.
This is a permanent full-time role based in the Wellington CBD.
The key successes in this role and ideal applicant would be able to:
- Schedule and coordinate all MWDI Rangatahi programs.
- Assist Rangatahi program facilitators with scheduled programs.
- Plan, coordinate and make essential bookings for the physical delivery of the rangatahi program MWDI Te Wero Pakihi and any other rangatahi program events.
- Engagement with rangatahi and MWDI Rangatahi stakeholders internal and external.
- Review of any rangatahi associated resources and invoices.
- Confidently answer phones and deal with client enquiries.
- Type, format and produce letters, reports, specifications to a high standard.
- Assist with a wide range of administration duties.
- Provide general office support for all staff.
The following background is preferred:
- Intermediate to Advanced Word skills (not essential)
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (not essential)
- Previous experience in a program coordination and administration role, or study in the area of administration would be beneficial.
- Understanding of key social media platforms.
- Understanding of Te Reo Māori me ona tikanga is advantageous.
- Must be a team player, a pleasant and enthusiastic personality.
- Manaakitanga for our Māreikura, Kahurangi hoki and all manuhiri is essential. • Full and clean NZ driver’s license.
This role is a full-time permanent position. The salary for the varied role will be dependent on applicant’s experience and skills. Police vetting and reference checks will be required.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure you have permanent residency or are a NZ Citizen for this application. Applications for this job vacancy closes on Friday, 4 July 2023.