Kia ora koutou,
COVID-19 has had a devastating effect on the World already, our prayers and aroha are with the families and friends of those who have fallen victim to this virus.
On the 12th of March, the World Health Organisation (WHO) made the assessment that COVID-19 coronavirus can be portrayed as a pandemic. To date, Prime Minister, Jacinta Arden has raised the alert to level 3 and we have moved into alert level 4 at 11:59 pm on Wednesday 25th March. This means that:
- If you are not working in essential services, you must stay home and avoid interaction with others outside of your household.
- Social distancing still applies, keep a 2-metre distance from people at all times.
- Food will always be available. Production, distribution and supermarkets will continue.
- Medicines and healthcare will always be available to those who require it.
- All indoor and outdoor gatherings are cancelled.
- All schools and early childhood (ECE) centres will be closed.
For further instructions please visit the Ministry of Health website.